NZ Distance Riders ShopAre we there yet? - Yes - you are! 2021 NI800/NI1600, stand-by-entries remain open - 1KC Entries are open.Badges from previous events now available to finishers.
Latest From Our Blog
Shop – NEWS…
REGISTRATIONS CLOSING SOON FOR THE 2021 NORTH ISLAND 800 AND NORTH ISLAND 1,600
Registrations for this year’s Turangi distance rides close on Friday 27 August 2021!
Here’s an update for this year’s North Island 800 and North Island 1600 rides that are currently scheduled to be ridden on the weekend of 9-10 October 2021.
COVID-19 lockdowns may impact on this year’s event. The Organising Group is trying hard to ensure that these rides can be done by all who want to. We will have to comply with all restrictions for whatever alert levels apply at that time.
There will be an event at Turangi as usual if possible. If not possible, the North Island 800 and North Island 1600 will become virtual rides for 2021. Read on and we’ll explain what the key decision dates are between now and ride weekend and what that means for you:
- Friday 27 August: Registrations close for the North Island 800 and North Island 1600 rides. We’ll accept registrations until then. Anybody who wants to withdraw at that point may do so with a full refund. From that date the fields will be closed.
- Monday 30 August: Orders are placed for event T-shirts (we need five weeks to have these ready for the event). Riders withdrawing after this date will receive their T-shirt and the balance of their registration fee.
- Friday 24 September: A decision will be made as to whether the ride event proceeds or whether virtual rides will be offered. This date is to provide lead time for our Turangi catering arrangements.
- Friday 8 October: If an event proceeds, riders will need to be at Turangi for scrutineering and the ride reveals at 7:00pm, as usual. If we’re proceeding with virtual rides, the ride reveals will be done online. Details of that will be provided to registered riders after 24 September.
- Saturday 9 October: In the case of virtual rides, after having seen the routes, registered riders may still withdraw for a refund of the balance of their registration fee (after T-shirt costs have been deducted for those who ordered one). After this point, all remaining entries will be considered final and non-refundable.
Virtual riders will have 12 months to complete their rides. Details will be supplied about photo checkpoints and other information you will need to provide to qualify as a valid finisher.
Certificates, pins and patches (for North Island 1600 finishers) will be posted to you after that.
In the case of virtual rides, we expect some riders to be committed to being at Turangi on the ride weekend. Could they please notify the Organising Group to find out whether this year’s route is compromised by COVID-19 lockdown movement restrictions. If it is, an alternative route will be provided for those riders only. Those riders should also note there will be no Event HQ operating at Turangi, no scrutineering, and no catering.
Thanks for your patience and understanding.
The Organising Group is doing its best to ensure that there will be North Island 800 and North Island 1600 rides this year.
Entry forms are live on our website until Friday 27 August 2021.
If you have questions, please contact us, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kind regards – The Organising Group
- If you’re doing the DBL Badger, you must do the 1600 on the day, no exceptions.
- You cannot back-to-back them during the weekend.
- You can however do the NI800 after the weekend (including Monday directly afterwards).
- We are not making any localised allowances for the NI800 route – you may end up needing to travel ‘onto the route from wherever you live’, that’s all part of it, so you’ll need to plan accordingly.
- Remember that you won’t know the route until the reveal and it might not be coming directly past your door. The Double badger may require extended effort!
- No refunds (of your +$20) after entry, as we will have commissioned your badge.
Any issues with these rules, then please talk to us before you put your entry in. We can be reached by email at Distance Riders <email@example.com>
Hi, thanks for the support with everyone’s T-Shirt orders we have 145 T-Shirts ordered which is excellent for the charity which we’re supporting, they will be thrilled.
We’ll provide a full report on that later on once the shirts have been made and shipped and we make our donation to them. – So watch this space for a formal account of what we’ve all achieved there.
Our next steps are to get these T-Shirts made and back to us for posting out to you all. We’re hoping to be mailing these at the end of the first / second week in December. We’ll be pulling out all of the stops to get these to you before Christmas (NZ Domestic orders…) – Those who live overseas, we’ll get them out asap, but will be subject to international postage delays, which at this time of year, and with the COVID shipping issues, could unfortunately be substantial.
We ordered x15 T-Shirts more than we needed (of various colours, and sizes), when we have shipped out all of those which have been pre-ordered, we’ll list that stock on this site, with strict controls over inventory numbers, so if you can order it, we will already have it in hand. We are not intending to ‘hold stock’ for these on an ongoing basis, so once these are gone, that’ll be it.
Anyway, until then, the T-Shirts won’t be visible on the shop site – You can request / get replacement badges through the site, and we’ll be transitioning to use this site in future to take entry forms and payments for event entries.
Thanks again everyone!…